Stay hydrated with this homemade electrolyte drink
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
Serving size: 1
Try this homemade electrolyte recipe with coconut water, fresh squeezed grapefruit, pineapple and lime juice, ginger and collagen protein for a refreshing electrolyte drink during and after a workout.
Coconut water contains natural electrolytes to help your body hydrate and replenish after a workout.
Grapefruit and lime have low glycemic index and a rich source of vitamin C to boost your immune system and collagen formation in your body.
Pineapple is a great source of fiber. Both pineapple and ginger have anti-inflammatory properties to combat inflammation of your joints and muscles after a workout so you can recover faster. To top it off, the collagen peptides help your muscles, tissues, joints and ligaments recover faster.
- 16 oz coconut water
- 1 organic ruby red grapefruit
- 1 cup organic fresh cubed pineapple
- 1 medium organic lime
- 4 fresh ginger slices
- 1 Tablespoon EatFit Superfoods Collagen Peptides protein powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 8 oz sparkling water
- Use a manual citrus juicer to squeeze the grapefruit and lime.
- Blend the pineapple and ginger in a blender.
- Mix all ingredients except collagen and sparkling water.
- Add collagen powder and mix well.
- Add sparkling water.
Note: Refrigerate the pulp and add to your water to increase the fiber content and help prevent sugar spike while keeping you feeling full.